To add to the previous list:
- challah dough (why not?)
- bread (no bread where we’re going without sugar??)
- oh and my nutritional yeast, but I (almost) always remember to take that.
- might as well take some cake, while I’m at it. And that takes the cake, whatever that expression means. (take the cake (third-person singular simple present takes the cake, present participle taking the cake, simple past took the cake, past participle taken the cake)
- [for some reason I can’t get rid of the 5 above; please forgive my incompetence ](idiomatic, US) To be especially good or outstanding.Thanks! You guys take the cake.Once the party was over, everyone agreed that Elizabeth and her Harriet Tubman getup had taken the cake.
- (idiomatic, US) To be particularly bad, objectionable, or egregious. syn.I’ve seen bad grammar, but this takes the cake.)
The things we do for love.